September 01, 2005

Madhushala

"Madhushala - the house of liquor, pub"
After many days I wanted to read some hindi poems so searched for that in my collection of books. Fortunately 'Madhushala' caught my attention. Actually this was the only book that was left unread due to various reasons. So I started reading it.
As the title suggests, 'Madhushala' is about wine and a pot in which wine is poured and the house of liquor-pub. Mr. Haribansh rai bachhan has portrayed a magnificent sketch of wine sothat no body can resist oneself from feeling like a drunk. He has put all the hues of life and decorated it with his eloquent way of writing.
I remember when some of my friends used to praise this book and advise me to read it but I never showed any enthusiasm for it. Today I realized that they were right. These poems are really heart rendering. I couldn't resist myself to finish it in a single reading. Yes, I should have read this book much earlier.
I have become an ardent fan of this book so from tomorrow onwards, I shall upload one poem of 'Madhushala' daily on 'my blog' with english translation of it.

No comments: