October 31, 2004

I aspired to find someone beloved.....

At my highschool days I was ardent fan of gazals. It might be because of one of my friends Ashish. He was a great listener of gazals and shayari and because of that closeness to him, I too started listening to Jagjit Singh and Ghulam Ali. I do remember some of them even today. Yesterday while searching for some old songs I found some gazals and songs which I used to listen at that time. One of my favourite songs was from the movie "Nikah". The wordings go like this -"Dil ki ye aarzoo thi koi dilruba mile (I aspired to find someone beloved)". Yesterday I listened to this song again and feelings of my highschool days have been rambling into my mind since then. I do remember a girl in my class. She was very beautiful and all the
boys in the class used to flirt with her and I was not an exception. I never proposed her because of some fear. Six years have passed away. I am still waiting for someone. The lyrics of this song suits to my condition - "Dil ki ye aarzoo thi koi dilruba mile ". :(

No comments: