April 06, 2005

Blood Donation Camp

Last Saturday, Chandan and I went to the Blood Donation Camp. It was my first experience. Though I was a bit nervous in the beginning but my fear just passed away in few minutes. I found two doctors with few colleagues were there to operate everything. We filled up a form in which we had to give all our details about medical history and various drugs that were taken. To write in the form I measured my weight, it came out to be 71 kg and it had reduced drastically in last three years because of the worst, distasteful and dirty mess food.
It took around 15-20 minutes to take nearly 250 ml of blood. After that they distributed food packets to everyone.
Arena was almost empty, people were few in numbers. Soft Bangla music was pleasing the environment; probably it would have been ‘Ravindra Sangeet’.
I talked to one of the members there and got some relevant information.
He told that this whole blood that was being donated that day would be completely used with in a week. This shows the enormous need of blood in India.
He also talked about the donor card which is given to the donor at the time of donation and if the donor needs blood for himself or his family at any time in future then he can get it preferentially by showing it to the blood bank.
It was a nice experience and a great feeling to do something for mankind. I hope my blood would be used to save someone’s life.
As a human being we all must donate our blood for humanity and it is the most precious gift that we can give to human beings.
Donate you blood right now ………………

No comments: