January 31, 2005

Trip to Kolkata

One more trip to Kolkata…yooo!! When I woke up at 9am on Saturday morning, I was amazed with the outside view. Weather was cold and cloudy and there was a moderate breeze. How could I waste such a beautiful day sitting in the room? So my friend Rahul and I decided to go to Kolkata to see the ‘BookFair’. Oh my God!! It was pretty hard to get him on this trip. Somehow, we finally left around 12 pm. We reached there at 3pm and had a spicy lunch in ‘comesum’ (a restaurant at Howrah station). Then we took a bus and reached Parkstreet. It is the heart of Kolkata, lots of shopping malls, restaurants, cafes, showrooms and so many beautiful gals. Saddest part of the story was that we couldn’t do anything more than to see them pass away with their boyfriends. Another friend of mine Chandan was waiting there. The news he gave came as a shock to us. Bookfair had been cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances. As I heard this, I started laughing. I knew that something would happen and this time it was unbelievable. I came to ‘Bookfair’ and it had been cancelled. We had no other choice than to roam around. We moved to ‘oxford book shop’. The collection there was fabulous. We found all kinds of books- fiction, literature, economics, business, language, spiritual and many more. Rituraj (atal), another friend of mine , told me to get ‘Geetanjali’ by Ravindra nath tagore for him .So I bought it immediately. Then we went to ‘Westside’, one of the biggest shopping malls there. As I had visited parkstreet quite a few times earlier so I’d this notion in mind that there wasn’t anything new to be seen but on reaching ‘westside’, I realized that I was wrong. We could not resist ourselves and brought some clothes. Actually everything was so nice that it was difficult to choose one. I bought a well designed traditional ‘Kurta’ and Rahul preferred dashing jeans and shirt.As we had spent quite a heavy sum we decided to leave. While returning, I bought ‘Mein Kamph’ by Hitler and ‘Beyond Belief’ by V.S.Naipaul at cheap prices from the roadside stalls. I was surprised to see Chandan bargaining. It was around 9pm and we had to return to kgp. So I and Rahul took a bus from parkstreet to howrah where the local passenger train was waiting for us. We reached Kgp at midnight. We hadn’t had our dinner so we had burger and maggi in ‘cheddij’.

It was one of the best days of my stay at IIT. While retiring for the bed that night I had mixed feelings. Though I had enjoyed it fully but what about those beautiful gals?? When I’ll get them???

No comments: