November 06, 2004

Book Fair

I found something interesting this week. It was a technology book fair and I was not at all interested in going there. I don’t like technical books but thanks to Chandan who took me there on Wednesday. Surprisingly I found some good non technical books. I purchased a few like “Discovery of India by Nehru, ‘Who Moved My Cheese?’ by DR.Spencer Johnson, ‘Great disasters of 20th centaury’ and ‘Raat Pashmeene Ki’ by Gulzar”. I developed a hobby of reading in my second year and I’m happy that it still persists but it costs me so much. I spent nearly 500 bucks on these books. This month I shall have to cut down my expenditure to compensate for the deficit.
As soon as I came in my room with the new books, I started reading “Who Moved My Cheese?” It was a simple parable that reveals profound truths. It was an amusing and enlightening story of four characters that lived in a maze and looked for cheese to nourish them and made them happy. Really the book was really good and I felt that it is very much related to our lives and changes. This story shows how to anticipate change, adapt to change quickly, enjoy quickly and be ready to change quickly again. This story takes less than an hour to read but its unique insights can last for a lifetime.
I am unhappy that my endsem exams are coming and I shall not be able to devote enough time in reading these books.

No comments: