January 25, 2012

Just me and my blog

Today while surfing through the net, I stumbled upon 'My Blog' and thought to write something after being dormant for last 3 years. Really a long period has been elapsed since the last post was put up. I switched couple of jobs; prepared for civil services- failed in the very first attempt - left the preparation; joined another job; settled in a public sector company; got married; developed an interest for psychology-music-billiards-trekking and doing post graduation in industrial and organizational psychology. Many incidents and events could have been included in the list to make it exhaustive but the purpose is not to inundate the post with the facts and uninteresting details. Rather it is the narration of nostalgic come back to a place which I used to visit very often during my college days. When I try to recollect the memories of those times, I remember the drive for opening up the blogger account and kept writing for it. Perhaps the motivation was twofold -
(i) To develop myself: As was told to me by everyone that writing  continuously usually helps to develop good English beside giving ideas and thoughts a concrete shape. I chose Blog as a better option than to maintain a hand written notebook.    
(ii) To emulate a Role-model: Being cognitively and linguistically weak, I used to get influenced easily by some proficient speakers and writers of my age. I tried to emulate them by developing similar hobbies like writing poems, writing blog, reading novels & books etc.    
 Now, after three years, I ask myself about the drive which compelled me to come back and penning down my thoughts. Contrary to earlier ones,  the only motivation this time has been to Enjoy my writing. Let me write, think and enjoy aimlessly. No one to follow. No one to emulate. Just me and my blog.     

No comments: